What’s better than listening to music with your best friends and family by the beach… that’s right, nothing! This summer Santa Monica Pier Twilight Concerts returns, one of LA’s favorite summer traditions. This Summer beginning Thursday, July 7th, Santa Monica Pier will hold free concerts till September 8th. Angelenos from all over LA will come together to watch live performances from BORNS, Day Wave, Mayer Hawthorne, Natalia LaFourcade and more! This years Twilight Series is sponsored by Snapchat, a Santa Monica based company. Snapchat will continue to help its community by perpetuating its cities tradition for having concerts at the pier.
For the first-timers, the LA Socialites have you covered with a guide to have a successful night at the Twilight Concert series.
Whose playing this year?
- To learn more about the lineup click here
How do I find a place to park?
- For anyone who knows, Santa Monica is an expensive place to park and most times it is impossible to find parking. Thankfully, in recent years Santa Monica has been taken a more environmental approach on travel. To not feel out-of-place or empty your bank account, we recommend using the new Expo Line that connects Santa Monica to DTLA. Other forms of transportation you can use:
- Bus, Breeze Bike Share, ride share, skateboard or walk!
- But, if you’re really set on taking a car: Twilight Concerts recommend the parking available at 1550 Pacific Coast Highway Lot by the pier (WARNING: prices can be high). Other lots you can try is on 2nd & Colorado or 4th & Olympic.
- PRO TIP: If you park at the parking lot pier after 4pm, it’s $20, but if you ride with 4 or more people you can receive a $5 voucher at the bike valet! So save gas and pedal on over!
Tickets, to pay or not to pay?
- Luckily you don’t have to make that decision! Tickets are free!
What time does the concerts start?
- 7PM to 10PM
- PRO TIP: if you like the bands playing or want a good seat, we recommend claiming your spot early.
Food & Drinks?
Obviously having the concert next to the Pier is an excellent advantage. During the Twilight Concerts, most will accommodate orders for those “on-the-go”. But, there is not public consumption in public spaces. Also, there will be a Concert Garden for those 21+ and will provide an arrangement of cocktails and other non-alcoholic beverages!
To continue to find more information about the individual dates follow the Santa Monica Pier Facebook page for the specific dates and performers!